Wednesday, February 27, 2013

You can do it. (Perfect Panel #8)


The Ballad of Halo Jones
The panel where anybody can do it
By Alan Moore and Ian Gibson

I’ve travelled all over the world in the past six years, and whenever I’m standing somewhere far from home, wondering how the hell a boy from Temuka got to clamber over Mongolian mountains or squeeze inside a Great Pyramid, or travel by husky through the Lapland wilderness, (like I did yesterday), I think of this panel.

Halo Jones went out even further than I ever could, and saw the whole universe, and when she was asked how she managed it, she answered: ‘Anybody could have done it’. In the comic, it’s a phrase that inspires people for centuries, and is remembered in the prologue to the second book by another ambitious young woman, who wants to see it all too.

And in my own life, it’s a phrase that I always think of when I travel, but also when I think I can’t do something because it’s too hard.

Nothing is too hard in life, if anybody could do it.

No comments: