Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Go 'way! Readin'!

Posting at the Tearoom of Despair has been pretty irregular in the past couple of weeks, (the content itself has always been damn irregular), and this is unlikely to change in the immediate future.


It's the usual bullshit reasons, involving long work hours and travel and getting out of the bloody house and all that crap. But it's also because I've got so much cool stuff to read, and that takes time.


I just finished re-reading Mark Waid's Daredevil comics, many of them for the first time since I got 'em, and I'm damn near done with Elmore Leonard's Raylan novel (which is so wonderfully sparse that it takes a fair amount of attention to follow). Then I have to crack on with the quite-chunky Joe Kubert tribute book from TwoMorrows that I just got out of the library, and I also got Craig Thompson's Habibi out at the same time, and I don't think I'll get through that doorstop in one night.


I also got the new Love and Rockets the other day, and that takes at least three re-reads to fully appreciate, and invariably leads to a dive back into the comic's history.


But, most of all, I scored a review copy of Adrian Kinnaird's thoroughly fucking excellent From Earth's End: The Best Of New Zealand Comics, and all I wanna do right now is sit down in a quiet place and devour that 450-page motherfucker.


So the next proper blog post won't be until Friday, when I do something about that new L&R (Spoiler: It's still fucking awesome). Keep cool 'till after school.

No comments: